Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vonage 6 Month Review - Motorola VT2142 - Las Vegas, NV

It's been 6 months since I signed up with Vonage with relatively few hiccups, most of which weren't the fault of Vonage, but my local cable company.

I signed up on October 4th, 2006 and by the 9th I had my adapter. In less than 5 minutes I was up and running. The call clarity was just as good as my traditional land-line, except I was paying LESS for MORE.

I originally signed up for the $24.99/mo. Residential Unlimited plan, but then switched in February to the $14.99/mo. 500 minute Residential plan because I knew I wasn't spending 500 minutes on the phone in any given month. Changing plans was a piece of cake, and I did so over the internet in a matter of minutes.

The few times I've had to call customer service I've been relatively pleased with their resolutions to my problems. Which as I've stated before, were very few. I've had more problems with my local cable company, but even then it's no problem because if my cable goes out, incoming calls get routed to my Network Unavailable Number.

That's not all either. With call forwarding, and SimulRing, I can have my number forwarded to another number of my choice whenever I want, or have my number ring simultaneously at home, and at up to 5 other numbers at the same time. I'm NEVER out of reach.

Call waiting is great too! If I get a call while I'm on the phone, I check the caller ID and if it's someone I want or need to talk to right then and there, I take the call, otherwise it gets routed to my Vonage Voicemail which I've set up to send me the message as an attachment to my e-mail address.

But Vonage also lets you know you have voicemail by a blinking light on your Vonage router, or a stutter tone when you pick up your telephone. You can dial in, go online, or as said before, just check your e-mail for your messages. It couldn't be easier!

I LOVE V-Forecast, which is a free service of Vonage. Calling them I can get current temperatures and 5-day forecasts of virtually ANY zip code in the United States.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of features that Vonage offers, all for NO ADDITIONAL COST other than your montly plan.

Overall, Vonage is a steal of a deal, and I couldn't be happier. I said goodbye to my local telephone company in January and I don't regret it.

No comments: